Thursday, September 6, 2012

First day here after drive.

I was supposed to come home alone, rest, hang with the peeps for a few days, then return to take care of mom for eye surgery, except, she didn't want to be alone. And, there was a thunderstorm heading her way. The drive was uneventful.  The dogs were great.  She was agreeable to not stopping.  We ate when we got here and the dogs were super fabulous.

But today, she goes from one task to another, not remembering what she is doing.  The water got left on for way too long.  She keeps insisting she has contacts, but she doesn't.   She is good with the dogs, good with keeping track of them, but forgets simple things like: Don't let the dogs out.  Moments later the dogs are out and she has forgotten the bunny. Oops, except the bunny is flesh and blood.  The dogs are flesh, blood, and wired to eat rabbit.  I am not sure what to do. I want my mom to be safe.

Only a few minutes ago I got tired of taking care of her for a few minutes. She got herself the left overs on the plate, but then forgot that she got a glass out. She brought 2 glasses in, got two glasses out of the fridge, the milk out, then poured the boiling tea I was steeping into a glass and drank it before I could stop her.

I had just asked her not to touch the pitcher that I was steeping for at least ten minutes.

She didn't get burned, but it was scary.   At this point, Crystal is here with her girlfriend and they are hanging with mom.  Crystal is so funny, she keeps things positive.  I just realize I am stressed and maybe need some new strategies to take charge.

Something I noticed yesterday is that I have to be in charge, but with that, kindness is in order for every decision. J

No comments:

Post a Comment