Sunday, September 9, 2012

EYE Surgery

Tomorrow at 7:45 mom reports to the surgery center. It is just a routine cataract surgery. It's no big deal.  The last one went well except she was disoriented before surgery so I had to stay with her in the hall before they wheeled her in.

She's gonna need drops, like last time, for 3 weeks.  She'll be staying with me for the duration.

Fortunately, Ray has done the handiwork to make her a room.  Brian has moved up a lot of her stuff, and we are trying to have fun each day, but already, I seem to annoy her.

It's easy to annoy her when she is tired.  We are all that way. She just seems like she has good days and bad days.

On Tuesday or Wednesday morning, she and I, her two dogs, her partially feral cat,  and whatever we can fit in the BMW, are driving to my house.  The problem is the heat is stuck in the on position.  Ray checked each of the fuses, it wasn't a fuse, and still, it is damn hot.  The top can't be put down without fear that the dogs will escape.  I  bought two small, soft sided coolers to fill with water and some snacks.  She has a freezer of food, but there is no way it would last the 300 mile drive.  My husband suggested I wait until 3:00 am to beat the traffic and the heat.

It's gonna suck.

The other part that sucks is... I lost my wallet, credit cards, identification,etc.  Mom lost her license too, and her tags are out of date.  OMG, I get the message to slow down!

I just took mom to dinner. She's watching TV and resting.  Maybe we'll walk the dog later and do something for fun before the end of the night. I am thinking ice cream.  I am going to get fat on the "take care of mom" diet.

Update, after surgery mom decided we had to go find food. We went to Fat Cats. She lied to the staff about owning a restaurant. It is so natural for her to lie, it's effortless.  She went on and on about the timing of what came out, as if  a burger joint is a 5 star experience.  I took her to See Canyon, after she wanted ice cream. Sometimes she is like a child.

We went to the Madonna Inn and ordered 2 fudge sundaes.  Her ice cream was melted.  She went postal.  It was awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment